So, if you follow my Mothership Scrapbook Gal Facebook Page you have been seeing my numerous posts in support of Charity Wings for their upcoming fundraiser “LIVE from CHA“. I will try to breakdown just what this fundraiser is, and why you should plan to register for this FUN-raiser.
As you may know, Charity Wings is a non-profit organization that fundraises money for other non-profits. For the best explaination, I recommend that you watch this video for a brief introduction of Charity Wings and its Club T.L.C. from the Charity Wings Executive Director Elena Etcheverry:
CHA stands for Craft & Hobby Association, and CHA is an international, not-for-profit trade association consisting of thousands of member companies engaged in the design, manufacture, distribution and retail sales of products in the nearly $30 billion U.S. craft and hobby industry.
Annually, CHA hosts two Conference & Trade Shows. The upcoming show will be in Anaheim, California running from Saturday, January 28 to Wednesday, February 1.
CHA permits Charity Wings to live stream from their Trade Show, so the viewing public (that’s YOU, once you register) can get an inside look to the new products and also watch interviews and make and takes with your favorite crafty celebrities!!!
What is the cost?
$39 per person for 2-Day Live Streaming Event + Shipping Costs
There are also group package options for parties of 4 or more, so if you have crafty friends (don’t we all) make a party out of it!!!
The benefits of registering for Charity Wings’ LIVE from CHA event are several:
- You get to see WHAT’S HOT in the Craft & Hobby World in 2012, including new product releases;
- Live streaming and chat on January 29-30 with amazing manufacturers and designers;
- Complete a progressive 6×6 mini book/art journal;
- Before LIVE from CHA, you will be shipped a swag kit* that will include your progressive make-n-take;
- LIVE from CHA will be uploaded to YouTube for you to view if you are unable to watch it live; and
- Each LIVE from CHA sponsor will be raffling off a prize with a minimum $50 value to one lucky participant*. (Participants do not need to be online to win.)
*Please note: Charity Wings can only ship kits to Continental US addresses. If you would like to pay additional shipping, they can ship anywhere!!! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on additional shipping costs.
Further, any prizes won by a participant living outside the Continental US will need to be shipped at the expense of the winner.
I hope you’re convinced this is a FUN-raiser worthy of your time and money!!! I will be there volunteering so I plan to watch the YouTube videos myself. I hope you will consider it, the swag kit alone is gonna be awesome!!!